Construction Dispute Resolution
We are experts in resolving all types of construction disputes quickly and effectively to achieve commercial solutions that are best for your projects.
When disputes arise, our goal is to act quickly to resolve them so that our clients achieve “best for the project” solutions without having to go through formal dispute resolution or litigation. At Construction Legal, we have extensive experience in all kinds of building and infrastructure disputes including large PPP contracts through to multi-unit developments, retirement villages, childcare centres, health care facilities and residential buildings.
We also have experience dealing with Owners Corporations and understand the importance of ensuring owners have a safe and comfortable living environment.
Specialist areas of dispute
We regularly provide advice to clients on all areas of construction and infrastructure disputes including issues relating to:
- Breach of Contract claims
- Defective workmanship and breach of statutory warranties
- Delay and liquidated damages claims
- Disputes in relation to Residential building work
- Submission of claims for extensions of time
- Dispute resolution of delay and disruption claims
- Submission of variation claims
- Disputes in relation to early use and possession
- Adjudication Applications under the Security of Payment laws
- Enforcing statutory rights to payment of Payment Claims
- Preparing and defending liquidated damages claims
- Advising on termination rights
- Advising on Latent conditions
- Advising on rights to have recourse to security
- Applying for and defending bank guarantee injunction proceedings